Spicy Spaghetti with Roasted Vegetables
Chef: Austin Neanover
Spicy Tomato Sauce
1 Small onion, minced
28 oz crushed San Marzano tomatoes
1 Tbsp red pepper flake
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp basil
4 cloves garlic
To Taste – salt
To Taste – pepper
1Pound spaghetti of your choosing
2 Zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 Yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes 2 I Red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch strips
1 Red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch strips
10 Cremini mushrooms, quartered
¼ Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp marjoram
¼ tsp rosemary
3 cloves garlic
Parsley, minced Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions with olive oil, teaspoon of salt, teaspoon of pepper, and dried herbs.
- Lay on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- In a saucepan, pour olive oil and tablespoon of red pepper flake until the chilis get aromatic. Add onion and stir until they begin to “sweat” or become translucent. Then, pour crushed tomatoes, garlic, honey, and basil, stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, In a large bowl, toss drained pasta, roasted vegetables, and spicy tomato sauce. Use tongs or a spoon to gently mix the ingredients until all the components are incorporated and pasta is covered with sauce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and minced parsley.