POSITION TITLE: National Program Associate
REPORTS TO: National Scholarship Manager & College Advisor and National Program Director
AREA: Scholarship and National Programs
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
SUPERVISORY ROLE: None
The National Program Associate works directly with the National Scholarship Manager & College Advisor to coordinate and implement the national scholarship program. The Associate also works with the National Program Director on administrative tasks relating to national programs. Normal hours are 24 hours per week, not to be exceeded without prior written approval by the Chief Administrative Officer.
The National Program Associate functions include, but may not be limited to, duties such as the following:
Scholarship and College Advising Responsibilities (Approximately 75% of responsibilities):
- Work with the National Scholarship Manager & College Advisor to plan, execute and track in the C-CAP database (Raiser’s Edge) the following events, activities, and information:
- Scholarship solicitations as well as scholarships awarded.
- Create queries regarding scholarships
- College readiness, college transition, and financial aid workshops/programs for students, parents, and teachers.
- Send communications regarding potential scholarship forfeits to alumni
- Assist with scholarship disbursements and communications
- Assist in communications with post-secondary partners
National Program Responsibilities (Approximately 25% of responsibilities):
Under the supervision of the National Program Director:
- Manage registration of teachers for biannual National Teachers Conference
- Communicate with students and alumni as needed
- Assist in synthesizing program data/surveys to generate reports and feedback for program development and modifications
- Assist in the development and expansion of student resource guides and materials for local programs
- Collaborate with other program staff on a variety of special projects as directed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other Customer Relationship Management software or databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and genuine commitment to work collaboratively on team, appreciating each other’s contributions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience working with Survey Monkey and Mail Chimp
- Ability to maintain confidential records for all C-CAP students, alumni, and programs
- Manage multiple tasks
- Keep cordial and fruitful relationships with colleagues
- Work independently with an eye for accuracy and quality
- Interest/experience in culinary arts & hospitality preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in office-type environment, but stands and walks throughout the working day.
- Interact with staff and other personnel, as well as students, educators, alumni, and program supporters.
- May be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday.
- May be required to leave the office or work nights and weekends for off-site programs and events.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “National Program Associate” in the subject line.