POSITION TITLE: Career Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: NY Program Manager
AREA: Career Services
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
The Career Development Coordinator (CDC) works to prepare C-CAP students for success in the restaurant and hospitality industry through programs such as employer tours, job shadows, job training, and internships. The main focus of this role is to coordinate and develop the career focused programming for C-CAP students. This position performs a variety of outreach, coordination, and logistical services to execute various New York career development programs that promote career awareness, career exploration, and career-readiness. The CDC directly works on special projects such as the Grant Associates contracted work-based learning initiative, and works collaboratively with participating chefs, work-based learning coordinators, teachers, CTE coordinators, as well as directly with students. The CDC will need to actively input and maintain records in Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, and Internship Management Services (IMS).
The Career Development Coordinator functions include, but may not be limited to, duties such as the following:
CAREER DEVELOPMENT – NEW YORK
- Coordinate and facilitate career awareness, career exploration and work-based learning activities: job training workshops, internships, job shadows, chef demonstrations, employer tours, and volunteer participation for industry events
- Work directly to support and fulfill C-CAP’s role as Network Intermediary to support and expand work-based learning delivery, implementation, and integration of activities.
- Conduct outreach to potential employers and maintain C-CAP industry relationships to coordinate and assist in job development, and grow job bank
- Prepare program materials to generate student participation in programs such as applications, recruitment flyers, training material, and surveys.
- Maintain confidential and detailed records of career-related programs including participating students, alumni, and industry partner referral records in Raiser’s Edge on a timely basis
- Review and edit student job training resumes and other employment documentation for internships. Advise on workplace etiquette, dress, interviewing and other related issues
- Implement, track, monitor career programs using Survey Monkey; transfer applicable data to Raiser’s Edge database.
- Deliver and/or coordinate presentations, training workshops, and orientations
- Recruit and manage volunteers at various culinary related industry events
- Represent C-CAP at school job fairs, Department of Education meetings and industry networking events
- Work closely with NY Program Manager to contribute to career search strategies, industry partnerships, and share information in enhancement of
C-CAP career programs and services
- Engage in professional growth and networking opportunities to remain current with the industry demands and trends, and NYC DOE CTE work-based learning practices
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position. CDC is responsible for additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Higher education, work-based learning experience or youth development (i.e. teaching, training, coaching, advising) preferred
- Higher education or work experience in the culinary arts or restaurant industry a plus
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills; flexibility, willingness and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances; and ability to balance competing demands and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and genuine commitment to work collaboratively on team, appreciating each other’s contributions
- Prefer candidates who have experience with NYC DOE Work-based Learning, or Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) or Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) procedures and activities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and working with databases. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp, and social media for business purposes needed
- Ability to maintain confidential records for career services programs
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.