C-CAP is seeking a motivated, collaborative, and experienced development professional to serve as a Director of Major Gifts. The Director of Major Gifts will lead fundraising efforts as it relates to soliciting, cultivating, and growing C-CAP’s major gifts efforts.
The Director of Major Gifts is entrusted with the management, recognition, and stewardship of individual, foundation and corporate major donors to C-CAP as well as researching and sourcing new donors, prospects and family foundations. Working directly with the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director sets goals, monitors work and evaluates results and metrics to ensure that departmental and operating requirements are met and are aligned with the needs and mission of C-CAP.
The Director of Major Gifts functions include, but may not be limited to, duties such as the following:
- Work closely with leadership to develop and execute comprehensive fundraising goals for the organization
- Conduct personal visits to annually cultivate, solicit, and secure major gifts
- Develop effective working relationships with the Board of Directors and engage their leadership to actively participate in fundraising activities and encourage their participation as solicitors and donors. Implement strategies to assist them in identifying prospective donors and maximizing their outreach and fundraising potential
- Develop a strategic plan to identify, nurture and build relationships with current corporate and foundation funders to support the organization’s ongoing operations and special projects
- Develop a focused strategy for individual giving, manage and grow a portfolio of donors
- Coordinate with the Development & Grants Associate on the preparation of foundation grant proposals and reports
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Events & Digital Fundraising to oversee donor prospects, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Events & Digital Fundraising on fundraising for annual Benefit Event, including securing sponsorships.
- Oversee tracking, documenting and reporting on all prospects, pledges, donations, grants and acknowledgements
- Serve as a spokesperson for C-CAP and enhance its relationships and reputation with funders
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college
- 6-8 years’ experience
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills; flexibility, willingness and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances; ability to balance competing demands and priorities
- Experience managing and growing a donor portfolio
- Ability to take direction, work efficiently and with integrity
- Timely response to work priorities and be accountable for effective results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; genuine commitment to work collaboratively on team and appreciate other’s contributions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and working with databases. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, and social media for business purposes needed
- Experience with fundraising databases
- Ability to maintain confidential records and information
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.