REPORTS TO: CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
The Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Spearhead the organization’s accounting processes including the management of day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and timely in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Perform the processing of cash, check and ACH receipts, recording of revenue and work closely with the Development Team to ensure that donations received are reconciled with Salesforce at any given time.
- Record the School Fee for Service income. Monitor contracts to ensure timely receipt of revenue.
- Review expense coding to ensure compliance and tag all eligible costs including Accounts Payable, Mastercards, staff reimbursements to restricted grants and contracts on monthly basis.
- Review and process Mastercard expense reports and receipts submitted by staff on monthly basis.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit.
- Prepare bank statement reconciliations monthly
- Review the accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget variance reporting, and interim grant financial reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate clear attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• At least 2 solid years of non-profit accounting /finance and relevant experience (accounting operations and/or audit).
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Please note: for the duration of COVID-19, this position is remote. Normal office attendance will resume once shelter in place restrictions are lifted in the New York metro area.
Compensation is competitive based on background and experience.
Careers through Culinary Arts Program is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position and can advance the financial capabilities of the organization. Include how you heard about this opportunity and email with the subject line “Senior Accountant/ Financial Analyst.